Millennials are taking the digital world by storm browse around these guys. GenX isn’t far behind, either.
Millennials, who range in age from 18 to 35, expect to spend incrementally more on travel services than any other age group in the next year.
Generation Xers intend to spend the second highest increment (source: MMGY Global)
Here are a few statistics to ponder:
- More than 40% of online traffic related to travel queries now comes from mobile devices. (source: http://bestbuzz.bz/tech-social-media-changing-travel-infographic/)
- An estimated 16 million Americans will book travel via mobile this year (2013), up from just over 12 million in 2011.
(source: Mobile Use Spurs Digital Travel Sales. eMarketer, 17 April 2010. http://www.emarketer.com/Mobile/Article.aspx?R=1008979.)
- 71.6% of millennials and 53.5% of GenX use a mobile device to plan travel. (source: The State of the American Traveler, Generations Edition, 2014, Destination Analysts)
- 34.7% of millennials and 31.1% of GenX use the DMO website. (source: The State of the American Traveler, Generations Edition, 2014, Destination Analysts)
- 84% of mobile users report they use mobile search to find business locations and access maps or
driving directions, and users cite local offers and promotions among the top reasons they would engage with mobile advertising. (source: Nielsen study shows travel usage trends for mobile devices. Nielsen, 9 August 2012.
So, how can Bandwango help you put mobile technology at the forefront of your digital strategy?
- We have an end-to-end solution that is 100% mobile optimized to improve the visitor experience. Our Connect Pass product helps your visitors query, browse, book, share, and redeem all activities at your destination. This can include attractions, dining, bars, and retailers. Mom and pop shops to big corporations alike. By utilizing our Connect Pass destination pass software, you maintain your brand integrity with the visitor and allow them to manage all of their activities in one, easy to use mobile pass.
- Your partner merchants can engage mobile visitors throughout the course of their stay by sending them relevant spending incentives. The visitor gets local offers and promotions, which is among the top reasons they would engage with mobile advertising (see above), and the merchants get an opportunity to drive additional revenue. It’s a win-win.
- Our platform is real-time. You and your merchant partners are in full control. You can make changes on the fly, add new offers and deals into the e-commerce marketplace, and update images and descriptions to reflect what’s happening now.
Interested in learning more? Click here to schedule a demo with us today!